Product Info: Radiodetection gCAT4+ Cable Location EN03 Kit
The Radiodetection gCAT4+ Cable Avoidance Tool delivers highly refined locate capabilities, specifically designed to help the operator find more buried utilities. This cable detector features C.A.T4 Avoidance Mode™ lets the operator check an intended excavation area for Power, Radio and Genny signals, and pinpoint located utilities in a single scan. The cable locator includes features such as the bar-graph ‘tidemark’, which enable an operator to quickly spot a peak response and zero-in on a buried conductor.
The Radiodetection Genny4 Signal Generator provides simultaneous dual-frequency locate signal output. Alongside the familiar 33kHz locate signal for general purpose locates, the Genny4 transmits a second higher frequency designed to facilitate location of small diameter cables such as telecoms and street lighting, including spurs. For tricky locates, the power boost function enables the locate signal to travel further and deeper, and couple onto utilities more easily.
Dig More Safely
- Radiodetection’s proprietary StrikeAlert™ warning, warns of shallow buried utilities.
- The Radiodection gCAT 4+ Cable Locator guides users towards better and safer working practices through its SWING™ Rate detector and Service Due date warning.
- The gCAT4+ Cable Detector is a safety-critical precision instrument and the optional 30-day countdown to the Service Due date, CALSafe™ and innovative eCert™ on-line system calibration validation capabilities are designed to reinforce company and recommended service policies
Data Logging and Analysis
- Radiodetection gCAT4+ Cable Avoidance Tool models provide data acquisition capabilities, allowing Plant Supervisors to administer their fleet more safely and effectively by providing comprehensive logs of C.A.T4 usage for analysis and personnel development.
- Radiodetection gCAT4+ models are equipped with a built-in GPS/GNSS receiver to show where the CATs were used. CSV, XLS or KML files can be easily exported to map services such as Google Earth.
Genny4’s patented simultaneous dual-frequency signal output facilitates location of small diameter cables such as telecoms and street lighting, including spurs. All C.A.T4 locator models have patented technology to detect both signals simultaneously. The power boost function in Genny4 enables the locate signal to travel further and deeper, and couple onto utilities more easily.
All CAT4 and Genny4 products are Network Rail approved.