Health and Safety Products Sussex
PPE or health and safety products Sussex offer the ideal method of increasing the safety levels of your workforce along with taking steps towards ensuring compliance with existing health and safety legislation.
At SSD Safety we stock a wide variety of different products and garments to ensure that our customers can make the best decision for their individual needs.
Assessing Suitable Health and Safety Products
To make sure the right type of health and safety products Sussex are chosen, it is important to assess the different hazards in the workplace and identify the products that will provide adequate protection against them; this may be different for each job.
This can obviously be a tricky situation without the requisite knowledge and we are therefore happy to provide informed advice regarding the types of health and safety products which are available along with their suitability for different tasks.
In some cases, you may need to get advice from specialists or from the PPE manufacturer. Another useful source of information is the British Safety Industry Federation (www. bsif.co.uk).
Consider the following when assessing suitability:
- Does the PPE protect the wearer from the risks and take account of the environmental conditions where the task is taking place? For example eye protection designed to protect against agricultural pesticides may not offer adequate protection when using an angle grinder to cut steel or stone.
- Does using PPE increase the overall level of risk or add new risks, eg by making communication more difficult?
- Can it be adjusted to fit the wearer correctly?
- What are the needs of the job and the demands it places on the wearer? For example, the length of time the PPE needs to be worn, the physical effort required to do the job or the requirements for visibility and communication.
- If someone wears more than one item of PPE, are they compatible? For example does using a respirator make it difficult to fit eye protection properly?
Wide Range of Clothing Available
As well as offering the premier standard of health and safety products Sussex has to offer, we are able to offer PPE (hi-visibility/reflective clothing) and other related products.
Our available range of PPE products includes:
- Breathing Apparatus
- First Aid
- Height Safety – Accessories
- Height Safety – Fall Arrest
- Height Safety – Harnesses
- Hire Equipment
- JCB Workwear and Footwear
- PPE Breathing Mask
- PPE –Ear Protection
- PPE – Eye Protection
- PPE – Foot Protection
- PPE – Hand Protection
- PPE – Head Protection
- PPE- Hi Vis
- PPE – Workwear
If you would like any more information relating to our range of health and safety products Sussex has to offer, please contact us on either Tel. No. 01293 551938, e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org or via Facebook and we will be happy to answer any of your questions.